Feb 22 - Our rangers have been busy protecting our island sanctuary. It's now safe to welcome you back
We are taking precautions to protect our people (visitors and staff) against Covid-19 virus. Please take the time to read what we are doing and how you can help in minimising the spread of this virus.
On Rotoroa Island, we are:
- Providing hand sanitizer Ladies bay, Exhibition Centre, and Central island toilets, in addition to liquid soap. All composting toilets have high alcohol foaming sanitizer.
- Placing limit of 100 people in any of our buildings
- Undertaking additional protection measures when cleaning our Exhibition Centre and Accommodation.
Here’s how you can help when you visit:
- Keep track of your visit to Rotoroa Island - We are using NZ government's NZ COVID Tracer App. Rotoroa's QR registration points are our Wharf Shed, Exhibition Centre and at Ladies Bay.
- Maintain a distance of 1 metre from other guests and staff
- Wear a mask on the ferry - it’s mandatory on public transport and encouraged when you aren’t able to maintain 1m distance from others, especially inside our public facilities
- Please take care to thoroughly wash your hands.
- Please contact our duty ranger on (09) 283 0849 immediately if you feel unwell and presenting symptoms (of fever, respiratory issues, shortness of breath, consistent dry cough or all of the above.)
-> Stay at home if you feel unwell and call healthline on 0800 358 5453
If you're not able to visit yet and are keen on a few free ideas of activities you can do at home with kids, check out our Horizon page.
For COVID-19 information, please visit NZ Government's Unite Against Covid-19 website
For Fullers360 ferry updates, please visit Fullers360 Website Covid-19 Response
Updated 22 February 2021.