9 June 2020 - While the risk of exposure to COVID-19 is now low, there are some Golden Rules we should all follow to help prevent future spread
We are taking precautions to protect our people (visitors and staff) against Covid-19 virus. Please take the time to read what we are doing and how you can help in minimising the spread of this virus.
On Rotoroa Island, we are:
- Providing hand sanitizer in our Exhibition Centre/Museum and in Ladies bay and central island toilets, in addition to liquid soap.
- Inviting overnight guests to their accommodation for biosecurity and check in.
- Taking additional protection measures when cleaning our holiday homes and island museum.
Here’s how you can help when you visit:
- Keep track of your visit to Rotoroa Island - We are using NZ government's NZ COVID Tracer App. Rotoroa's QR registration points are our Wharf Shed, Exhibition Centre and at Ladies Bay.
- Please take care to thoroughly wash your hands.
- There are no physical distancing requirements at Alert Level 1. You can still play it safe by continuing to keep a distance from people you don’t know. Use your judgement. The more space there is between you and others, the harder it is for COVID-19 to spread.
- Please contact our duty ranger on (09) 283 0849 immediately if you feel unwell and presenting symptoms (of fever, respiratory issues, shortness of breath, consistent dry cough or all of the above.)
- Stay at home if you feel unwell and call healthline on 0800 358 5453
Stay safe everyone.
We look forward to welcoming you to our sanctuary.
If you're not able to visit yet and are keen on a few free ideas of activities you can do at home with kids, check out our Horizon page.
For COVID-19 information, please visit NZ Government's Unite Against Covid-19 website
For Fullers360 ferry updates, please visit Fullers360 Website Covid-19 Response
Updated 9 June 2020