8 October 2020 - Under Alert Level 1, Rotoroa Island is open to visitors.
We are taking precautions to protect our people (visitors and staff) against Covid-19 virus. Please take the time to read what we are doing and how you can help in minimising the spread of this virus.
On Rotoroa Island, we are:
- Providing hand sanitizer Ladies bay, Exhibition Centre, and Central island toilets, in addition to liquid soap. All composting toilets have high alcohol foaming sanitizer.
- Additional protection measures when cleaning our Exhibition Centre and Accommodation.
Here’s how you can help when you visit:
1) Wear a mask on the ferry. Government announced that from Thursday 19 November you must wear a face covering whilst on-board public transport in Auckland. It is now mandatory for everyone over the age of 12 to wear a face covering while on public transport.
2) Keep track of your visit to Rotoroa Island - We are using NZ government's NZ COVID Tracer App. Rotoroa's QR registration points are our Wharf Shed, Exhibition Centre and at Ladies Bay.
4) Please take care to thoroughly wash your hands.
5) Play it safe. Stay home if you’re feeling unwell and call healthline on 0800 358 5453
>> Please contact our duty ranger on (09) 283 0849 immediately if you feel unwell and presenting symptoms (of fever, respiratory issues, shortness of breath, consistent dry cough or all of the above.)
If you're not able to visit yet and are keen on a few free ideas of activities you can do at home with kids, check out our Horizon page.
For COVID-19 information, please visit NZ Government's Unite Against Covid-19 website
For Fullers360 ferry updates, please visit Fullers360 Website Covid-19 Response
Updated 18 November 2020