13 May 2020 - In light of recent NZ Government announcements, we are thrilled to announce Rotoroa Island will be open from Thursday 14th May.
We are taking precautions to protect our people (visitors and staff) against Covid-19 virus. Please take the time to read what we are doing and how you can help in minimising the spread of this virus.
On Rotoroa Island, we are:
- Providing hand sanitizer Ladies bay, Exhibition Centre, and Central island toilets, in addition to liquid soap. All composting toilets have high alcohol foaming sanitizer.
- For groups of 10 or more day visitors, we’ll give an arrival welcome and biosecurity checks outside (and standing your own groups).
- Overnight guests will be taken to accommodation for biosecurity and check in.
- Additional protection measures when cleaning our holiday homes.
Here’s how you can help when you visit:
- Please take care to thoroughly wash your hands.
- Maintain a distance of 2 metres from other guests and staff
- Please contact our duty ranger on (09) 283 0849 immediately if you feel unwell and presenting symptoms (of fever, respiratory issues, shortness of breath, consistent dry cough or all of the above.)
- Stay at home if you feel unwell and call healthline on 0800 358 5453
Stay safe everyone.
We look forward to welcoming you to our sanctuary.
If you're not able to visit yet and are keen on a few free ideas of activities you can do at home with kids, check out our Horizon page.
For COVID-19 information, please visit NZ Government's Unite Against Covid-19 website
For Fullers360 ferry updates, please visit Fullers360 Website Covid-19 Response
Updated 13 May 2020