Ministry of Health has removed all remaining mandatory COVID-19 isolation requirements, effective 15 August 2023.
Rotoroa is an island sanctuary where visitors can connect with nature. It is also a semi remote island with no medical facilities to deal with a Covid-19 case and emergency services may take some time to respond. We want keep our visitors and team staff, so have taken a practical approach to our policy to reflect Ministry of Health guidance, which continues to be to stay home if you are feeling unwell.
We look forward to seeing you; please help us by observing the following:
- Adherence to the requirements of the current NZ Government Covid-19 level
- If anyone develops COVID-19 like symptoms just before your visit or while on island – please test for COVID-19, see the common symptoms here
- If you test positive for COVID-19 within 3 days of visiting the island, please advise our duty ranger
- We encourage you to stay home and isolate for 5 days if you test positive for COVID-19, even if you have mild symptoms. Isolation is an important way to manage and reduce the spread of the virus.
On Rotoroa Island, we are:
- Providing hand sanitizer in our toilets, in addition to liquid soap.
- Our island based staff and regular volunteers are fully vaccinated
For free health advice, call Healthline on 0800 358 5453
For COVID-19 information, please visit NZ Government's COVID-19 response website
Updated 25 Aug 2023.