Auckland is at Traffic Light Red status and all of Rotoroa Island's facilities are open to visitors.
Fullers360 ferry sailings have resumed, offering Saturday and Sunday day trips to Rotoroa Island.
We look forward to welcoming back accommodation guests to our sanctuary from 3 December.
Please read below information on what we are doing to keep our visitors and team safe.
Rotoroa is a semi remote island with no medical facilities to deal with a Covid-19 case and emergency services may take some time to respond. We have taken a practical approach to our policy and considered risk on the basis of the level of close contact indoors. We respect the different positions people may have in regard to Covid-19 vaccinations however in order to protect our island personnel we have a 10 point Covid-19 plan.
We look forward to seeing you; please help us by observing the following:
1) Our island based staff and regular volunteers are fully vaccinated
2) For Holiday Home accommodation guests
- All guests need to be to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. (The only exceptions are children under 12 years and/or people with valid medical or religious reasons
- The number of people occupying the holiday home is, under no circumstances, to exceed the number of people shown on the booking confirmation unless prior arrangements have been made directly with us. Any visitors must remain outside.
3) For Superintendents House guests
- With a Full House booking (a large family or group of friends books the Super’s House exclusively) then the accommodation rules for the holiday homes above applies.
- With a shared house booking (i.e., separate groups of people or individuals booking a bedroom only) All guests need to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 (no exceptions)
4) We may require evidence of vaccination status prior to arrival (NZ government’s My Vaccine Pass)
For all visitors to Rotoroa
5) Everyone visiting the island must sign in using the NZ Covid Tracer App or sign in book. Rotoroa's QR registration points are our Wharf Shed, Exhibition Centre and at Ladies Bay.
6) Masks to be worn inside all (public) buildings and social distancing to be practiced
7) Adherence to the requirements of the current NZ Government Covid-19 level
8) Events on the island, particularly indoors may have number limits in line with the current NZ Government Covid-19 level
9) If anyone feels unwell/has Covid-19 symptoms while on island – they must immediately advise our duty ranger
10) There are no limitations on day visitors other than anyone who is asymptomatic or unwell – please stay at home.
On Rotoroa Island, we are:
- Open to day and overnight visitors - more info
- Providing ferry visitors a welcome and biosecurity briefing under cover beside the Visitor Centre.
- Providing hand sanitizer in our toilets, in addition to liquid soap.
- Undertaking regular deep cleaning in our public facilities and after each accommodation visit
Stay at home if you feel unwell and call healthline on 0800 358 5453
For COVID-19 information, please visit NZ Government's Unite Against Covid-19 website
For Auckland specific information please visit NZ Government's Covid Regional advice website
For Fullers360 ferry updates, please visit Fullers360 Website Covid-19 Response
Updated 3 December 2021.