Rotoroa is an island sanctuary where visitors can connect with nature. It is also a semi remote island with no medical facilities to deal with a Covid-19 case and emergency services may take some time to respond. We want keep our visitors and team staff, so have taken a practical approach to our policy and considered risk on the basis of the level of close contact indoors.
We look forward to seeing you; please help us by observing the following:
- Masks are encouraged inside all (public) buildings and social distancing to be practiced
- Adherence to the requirements of the current NZ Government Covid-19 level
- If anyone feels unwell/has Covid-19 symptoms while on island – they must immediately advise our duty ranger
- If you are unwell, please stay at home
On Rotoroa Island, we are:
- Providing hand sanitizer in our toilets, in addition to liquid soap.
- Undertaking regular deep cleaning in our public facilities and after each accommodation visit
- Our island based staff and regular volunteers are fully vaccinated
Stay at home if you feel unwell and call healthline on 0800 358 5453
For COVID-19 information, please visit NZ Government's Unite Against Covid-19 website
For Auckland specific information please visit NZ Government's Covid Regional advice website
For Fullers360 ferry updates, please visit Fullers360 Website Covid-19 Response
Updated 24 June 2022.